[K12OSN] reason to upgrade to flash 10?

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Fri Oct 31 12:55:54 UTC 2008

Rob Owens wrote:

> I see on my K12LTSP 5.0EL system that there's an update for flash.  Is
> there any good reason to update (or good reason *not* to update)?  I
> rarely use flash myself, so that's why I'm asking you guys.

I read performance should be better with Flash Player 10. I haven't
done any measurements myself though. It seems to work fine though.
Check out the instructions on http://macromedia.mplug.org/ when
upgrading to Flash Player 10. You should be able to skip step 3 if you
have Firefox 3.0.2 installed (which is the current Firefox in CentOS
5), that is a workaround for a bug in Firefox 3.0.1 (and older?).

Nils Breunese.