[K12OSN] Removing kpp and kopete

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Wed Sep 3 13:51:38 UTC 2008

Moon wrote:

> The GUI method:
>
> You can use Yum Extender by selecting from the top menu bar:
> Applications ->
> System Tools -> Yum Extender (requires the root password).
>
> Then in the Yum Extender menu: select Packages-Installed next to the
> top
> right center of the window, and input the package name you want to
> uninstall
> in the search window just below, and then click on the magnifying
> glass icon
> to the right.
>
> If found, the installed package appears in the center window with a
> check
> mark next to it. Simply uncheck and click on the Process Queue
> button on the
> bottom right and follow the prompts to remove the package.
>
> The Command Line method:
>
> rpm -e kppp kopete

Or 'yum remove kppp kopete' if you want dependencies taken care of.
But I believe the problem is that kppp and kopete are not individual
packages. They are probably part of some larger KDE package, but we
don't run KDE. You could run rpm -qf on the kopete and kppp binaries
to find out to what package they belong.

Nils Breunese.