[K12OSN] Flash plugin with Firefox 64 bit

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Thu Sep 4 13:40:45 UTC 2008

Lewis Holcroft wrote:
> Brian,
>
> Yes I got it working with 64 bit. I found instructions in the k12ltsp
> wiki I think.
>
> Getting the 32 bit running was simple.
> Yum remove firefox.86x64
>
> Lewis
>
> On Sep 4, 2008, at 7:28 AM, Brian Chivers
> <brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>> Sorry another question :-)
>>
>> Hasd anyone got the flash plugin working with Firefox 64 bit ??
>>
>> If not how can I force our box to run the 32 bit version.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Brian

Decided from what everyone has said was to remove the 64bit Firefox but I'll jave to wait as

yum remove firefox.x86_64

times out with the following error

http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-64bit/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError:
<urlopen error (-3, 'Temporary failure in name resolution')>
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: k12ltsp. Please verify its
path and try again

:-/

Brian