[K12OSN] eth0 and eth1

Stephen Crampton SteveSings at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 14:42:33 UTC 2008

Could someone please explain how an LTSP system decides how to use eth0 and
eth1?

For instance, if I pull up firefox and type in cnn.com, over which interface
does my request go out?

Which interface is serving DHCP and TFTP requests?

/etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf doesn't seem to provide the answer.  The DHCP script
under /etc/init.d refers to a variable $INTERFACES, but I cannot figure out
where that variable is initialized.

I'm assuming that, in the default case, firefox sends requests over both
interfaces, but dhcpd only uses eth0.  But how do I determine whether this
is true or not for my system?

I'm using Edubuntu 8.04 again, because none of the K12LTSP install discs
recognize my SATA hard drives (I tried 5SEL, 6SEL, and a beta live version).