[K12OSN] K12LTSP 5 EL: no Web access for non-terminal clients

David D. Nelson nelsda at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 05:57:28 UTC 2008

My server died and I had to do a new install so I did a standard install K12LTSP 5 EL. After applying updates terminals would boot and work fine but I can't seem to get any access from other workstations on the network. I have eth0 on the local net and eth1 to the internet. I tried the following:

    chkconfig nat on
    service nat restart

    chkconfig iptables-k12ltsp on
    service iptables-k12ltsp restart

    chkconfig transparent-proxying on
    service transparent-proxying restart

but I still don't have internet access from the workstations. I'm able to ping by domain name so I assume that DNS is set up correctly but I get an invalid request error from squid or a time out if squid isn't running.

Any ideas?

TIA,

David D. Nelson
nelsda at yahoo.com