Re: [K12OSN] School Server

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 6:14 PM, "Terrell Prudé Jr." <microman cmosnetworks com> wrote:
Timothy Legge wrote:
I considered Opterons but for some reason I could only configure dual
cores on dells web site.  I will review that again...

Have you ever considered Penguin Computing's servers?  Dell's not the only server maker out there, and Penguin is (obviously) very attuned to the Linux/FOSS community.  Their servers kick total butt, too, and at quite a reasonable price.

Another computer maker to consider is Zareason.  They provided us with a good server, and the story made Slashdot here:

And here is a picture of our school lab.  You can see two Zareason shuttle boxes in the background that were funded by Microsoft (against their wishes) and with no Microsoft tax:

c u