[K12OSN] Help with a script

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Tue Sep 30 14:13:28 UTC 2008

I've got a issue where I've had to tweak the setting for firefox but of cause some users have been
using it and they're not working as they have settings in ~/.mozilla.

I've looked at the script on this page http://k12ltsp.org/mediawiki/index.php/Cache_Removal and
tweaked it slightly.

Our users homes all live in a structure like this

/home_student/tutorgroup/xx-xx/username

where xx-xx is a tutorgroup such as 3P-SC

so you have

/home_student/tutorgroup/3P-SC/k999999

I'd like the script to remove the .mozilla directory completely so next time they start up it'll
copy it over again for them hopefully fixing the problems.

Can anyone see any problems (I'll be amazed if there arent' any *grin*)

Thanks
Brian

#!/bin/bash
for w in `ls /home_student/tutorgroup`; do
echo "doing $w ....."
      	for x in `ls /home_student/tutorgroup/${w}`; do
      		echo "Doing $x ..."
      		find /home_student/tutorgroup/${w$}/{x}/.mozilla/ -exec rm -Rf {} \;
      	done
done