[K12OSN] IPCop DNS Issues

j.w. thomas jthomas at bittware.com
Fri Apr 3 02:45:41 UTC 2009

Moon wrote:
> Also, you may want to check into using OpenDNS as opposed to your
> service providers DNS servers. I have AT&T here in Georgia and they are
> notorious for their DNS problems... I changed my gateway to point to
> OpenDNS and haven't had any more DNS problems...

Thanks.  I was planning to use 4.2.2.1, 2, & 3 as my dns servers but was
having trouble figuring out how to make ipcop ignore the dns servers
assigned by our isp via dhcp.

I DID finally figure that out, but I'm not at the school so I can't make
the adjustment.

It's under Network->Dial-up of all places.  I never would have looked
there since we are most definitely NOT using dial-up (but these DNS
problems sure make it feel that way).

Anyhow, I'm going to try that tomorrow, and if I can't get it resolved
that way, I will give pfsense a try (as per your suggestion).

jthomas at bittware.com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.