[K12OSN] k12ltsp extras repository error

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Wed Apr 8 17:30:59 UTC 2009

Marc Fromm wrote:

> I upgraded my FC6 k12ltsp system to FC7. When I run yum update I get
> this error message:

> Setting up Update Process
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pu...ta/repomd.xml: [Errno 14]
> HTTP Error 404: Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 16:02:35 GMT
> Server: Apache
>
> Trying other mirror.
> Error: Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: extras
>
> The above error is generated by the k12ltsp-extras repository.
> Is it down? Is there a new repository to replace it?

Fedora Core 6 reached end of life on December 7 2007 and Fedora 7
reached end of life on June 13 2008, so neither are supported anymore.
Currently only K12LTSP 5EL (based on CentOS 5 and LTSP 4.2) is still
supported with updates. K12Linux is the new Fedora-based LTSP
distribution, based on Fedora 10 and LTSP 5.

Nils Breunese.