[K12OSN] Re: FireFox not responding

Lee Harr missive at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 19 20:30:11 UTC 2009

> We continually get users who have messages saying that FireFox is already
> running and won't let them login.

Do you mean that it will not let them log in to the terminal at all?
Or will it just not let them start firefox?

>  If I delete the .mozilla folder in their
> Home directory everything is fine.  How can I keep this from happening in
> the future?

We have a problem with firefox not starting quite regularly.

I am pretty sure that the problem is flash crashing and leaving
firefox in an odd state.

If that is the problem, there's no need to delete .mozilla

When it happens, I train students to use the process monitor
to kill the runaway firefox.

If they cannot even log in, you have a more serious problem.