[K12OSN] RE: K12OSN Digest, Vol 62, Issue 20

Sean Harbour SHarbour at nwresd.k12.or.us
Wed Apr 22 17:24:43 UTC 2009

>> Also, some processes seem to hang around forever after a student logs
>> out. After a week, the process list "ps aux | wc -l" balloons from
>> 173 with one user after a reboot to over 1500 with one user logged
>> in.

>What processes specifically are persisting beyond logout?

>Warren

The outstanding ones seem to be /usb/bin/pulseaudio --start

and

/usb/bin/libexec/pulse/gconf-helper

After about a week, there were over 500 of these processes after everyone had logged off.

But, there is also a lot of random gnome desktop processes that seem to live forever as well.

I'll send you capture of the ps aux output from yesterday morning before anybody had logged in.

Thanks,

Sean