[K12OSN] School K12Linux clients not able to complete boot after 50+ or so clients are up

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Fri Aug 21 01:16:56 UTC 2009

Further to: I found some bugs reported in early versions of Ubuntu LTSP
that referred to "swap causes connection loss" when using swap over NBD
and squashfs.  Could this apply here?  What could we change to
experiment with it?

The Ubuntu bug was apparently fixed by noting that "the reason is that
the SWAP nbd is using /dev/nbd0. So is the currently mounted /rofs which
is a component of the / unionfs.  The fix is to change the file to use
/dev/nbd1." [R1]

Best, Daniel

[R1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/172459