[K12OSN] Network boot hangs

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Feb 10 00:14:42 UTC 2009

I've seen this happen before, back when something was haywire with my
client's NIC; it was one of those gradual failures.  Swapping NIC's did
the trick then.  I've also (rarely) seen an NFS misconfig do it; this is
rare because it's autoconfig'd during the K12LTSP setup.  I'm assuming
here that you've left /etc/dhcpd.conf (or /etc/dhcpd-k12ltsp.conf) at
its stock config.

Can you try this:  boot a thick client Linux box, try mounting
/opt/ltsp/i386 from the LTSP server, and copying everything under there
to a test directory on the thick client?

Also, do you have another kind of thin client to try out to see if it
happens there, too?

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate