[K12OSN] Authenticating existing users with K12Linux

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Wed Feb 18 02:06:23 UTC 2009

SME Server uses LDAP for its user authentication (as far as I understand it), so you should be able to authenticate K12Linux off of it.  However, I set it up and tested it a couple weeks back and I couldn't get my Debian machine to authenticate.  I'm not sure if I was doing something wrong, or if SME's LDAP configuration is different than other OpenLDAP systems I've set up in the past.

-Rob