[K12OSN] OT: any OpenOffice vs. MS Office studies/cases out there?

Ryan Collins mr.rcollins at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 14:23:29 UTC 2009

Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:
> I agree.  "Little white lies" ultimately won't do it.  What needs to
> happen is that school board meetings need to be attended, and *parents*
> need to be asking these school board members what their plans are for
> OpenOffice deployment.  These parents need to press the issue and make
> it a voting issue.  Only when politicians fear for their jobs do they
> get on the stick.

I should've placed a little more "tongue in cheek" when I said that. I
tell them pretty quickly that it is in fact not MS Office or Firefox.
I'm lucky to be in a position where the BOE and Supt. trust my judgment
and no one is dictating any particular piece of software. I even have a
board member who was already using OOo.

--
Ryan Collins - Technology Coordinator - Kenton City Schools

Blog: http://ryancollins.org/wp/