Re: [K12OSN] Local CD/DVD and USB Drive Problems From Terminal

Hello Peter,

"Install perl-suid
then create a script in /etc/ltspfs/mounter.d (you may have to create that
directory) on the application server
and a script called fixperm inside it, containing:

#!/usr/bin/perl
if ( $ARGV[0] eq 'add' ) {
    $ENV{'PATH'} = '/bin:/usr/bin';
    $user=getpwuid($<);
    system "chown", "$user.root","/media/$user";
}

then you have to set permission 4755 on that script
so that the script is setuid root as the script is run as the user and it
wouldn't normally have the right to change the permission on that directory
if all goes well, the directory in /media/ will change to $user.root when
something is plugged and will then only appear on the user's desktop."

The USB stick got mounted  and

ls -al /media

drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 1969-12-31 17:00 NEW VOLUME

The script didn't work, the USB stick still appeared on my TC desktop. What is it that triggers ltspfsd to run this script? BTW, I am logged in as root when I plug the stick in.

Regards,
Murrah Boswell

I haven't tried this myself yet; YMMV.

HTH
Peter

Regards,
Murrah Boswell

Peter

murrah boswell wrote:
Hello All,

I am using the K12Linux 10 Live CD booted on a server from a USB stick!

I read that K12Linux provides access to local devices like the CD/DVD drive but when I put a music cd into the local drive and try to play it, I get an error about not being able to mount /dev/sr0 because of Permission denied.

How can I enable the clients to utilize local resources like the CD/DVD drive and USB dive?

Regards,
Murrah Boswell