Re: [K12OSN] Preparing K12Linux F11

That seems to be an LTSP 5-specific problem, because this problem does not occur on LTSP 4.x or LTSP 3.x. The network can handle the traffic fine, but apparently the LTSP5 server cannot.

--TP

David Van Assche wrote:
They suffer from the SDL using pulse and bringing down the network/server environment. This is easily verifiabe... launch 3 or 4 instances of any of the tux 4 kids suite and watch the cpu usage spike and freezes start occuring all over till an eventual complete collapse. The work around is to launch the apps without sound... that seems to allow the applications to run without problems, so if you are going to carry those by default, u need to make sure they are launching _without_ sound. I'm basing all this on Debian and Ubuntu problems, but I'm sure it happens on Fedora too. Here is the relevant bug for that:https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tuxmath/+bug/269082

kind Regards,
David (nubae) Van Assche
www.nubae.com <http://www.nubae.com>