[K12OSN] Where is K12LTSP at?

Rob Owens rowens at ptd.net
Tue Mar 3 01:26:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 02:20:49PM -0700, Jim Christiansen wrote:
> Thank you everyone for bringing me up to date.  Is most everyone here using
> the most current Centos based K12LTSP based on LTSP 4.2?
>
> If most are using this version is it because it is an longterm supported and
> stable system?  My 4 servers are very reliable.

I was using CentOS based K12LTSP because of the long term support.  I had
it installed in a manufacturing company in NJ.  They are still using it,
but I am no longer there.

At home I am using Debian with a combination of LTSP 5 and LTSP 4.2 (for a
couple of very old clients).  I'm using Debian because it's reliable (not
that other distros aren't), I like it, and it has fairly long term support.

The main reason I'm using LTSP 5 is to keep up on the latest stuff, and
because I felt it required less tinkering in lts.conf for most thin
clients.

-Rob