[K12OSN] Installing OpenOffice 3 in Centos5

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Wed Mar 4 03:16:19 UTC 2009

The icons on the panel probably call /usr/bin/openoffice.org-2.0 or similar.
Try this:
- Install OOo 3.
- mv /usr/bin/openoffice.org-2.0 /usr/bin/openoffice.org-2.0.orig
- ln -s <path-to-OOo-3> /usr/bin/openoffice.org-2.0

Now, when users click on the icons on the panel, it should call the new version.

Peter