[K12OSN] k12linux login issues

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 19:22:07 UTC 2009

Ok, so next thing to sort out ... why doesn't DNS from the thin client
work?  I can launch and xterm. Then, nslookup shows that the correct
DNS server is set, but it can't be contacted. I have iptables and
ip6tables turned off.  Do I need transparent proxy (squidor something
like that) enabled?  Or is there another way to get the DNS requests
forwarded without making the LTSP server a caching naming server?

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins