[K12OSN] how to ssh a TC

Almquist Burke burke at thealmquists.net
Sat Mar 28 03:06:23 UTC 2009

On Mar 27, 2009, at 4:55 PM, Steven Santos wrote:

> Maybe this is a dumb question, but why can't you mount the
> filesystem RW for
> the session, make your changes, and then remount it RO?

I suppose you could do that, assuming you also configured to have a
local shell on the client.
You'd have to edit your NFS conf file to make the client chroot
export read-write instead of read only and restart NFS. Then boot the
client to a local shell and make your changes from there, and then
change your settings back.  That's why I suggested chrooting into the
client root on the server. I thought it would be less work.