Re: [K12OSN] Samba chmods not working

Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:
Daniel Loomis wrote:
I just started setting up a new K12ltsp system and find I cannot samba create mask and create directory to override system defaults.

I use

create mask 770
directory mask 770

in either [global] or [shares]

but when a client creates a new directory it defaults to 0755
and any new files default to 0644

Host is running EL.

Dan

Try the "force" directives.  Like this:

  force directory mode = 0770
  force create mask = 0770

--TP

Er...make that second line "force create mode = 0770".  Typing too doggone fast....

By the way, is there any reason you want to make user files executable by default?  I can see directories, but why files?  The "force create mode" that I use is 0660, for this reason.  Directories of course remain 0770 because of the first line.

--TP