[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN Digest, Vol 68, Issue 10 Subject: using really old PCs as clients

Alok Mahendroo alondro at fastmail.in
Mon Oct 12 14:14:06 UTC 2009

Hi Raju,

No problems at all..:) As an experiment I had installed LTSP on FC11 and
used a Pentium II as the client of course with a network card boot rom.
No problems with the client ... The configuration is PII, 128 MB RAM and
even a monitor from a discarded X386 (worked with a graphics card) for
the client and the server is also an old Athlon 2000+ with 512 mb
RAM....

--
  Alok Mahendroo
  alondro at fastmail.in

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 21:14:09 +0530
> From: raju VK <vkr2007 at gmail.com>
> Subject: [K12OSN] using really old PCs as clients
> To: k12osn at redhat.com
>
> I have successfully installed the terminal server on my fc10 desktop..
> Now
> my question is now I can use some vintage (1998/99) PCs as clients. The
> PCs
> has no option to boot from network. Other wise they are still functional.
> If
> I use a network card with boot ROM can I connect these PCs to the
> terminal
> server ?. I googling the net last two days does not yield any result.
>

> with thanks in advance,
> Raju
>
> End of K12OSN Digest, Vol 68, Issue 10

                          unladen european swallow