[K12OSN] Colour Inkjet Printer Recommendations?

Barry Cisna cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us
Tue Dec 21 19:24:16 UTC 2010

Joseph,

I would recommend any HP color variant that suits your needs,and also
highly recommend trying to stay with networked ONLY printers. Even if
You have to buy a cheapie 4 port switch to get the extra needed ports in
the given room it is going into. I REALLY wish the school here had ALL
HP printers.
USB printers setup easily in K12LTSP now but networked printers just
make them so much more versatile, in my findings anyway.
If you have never looked much at the HPLip package for Linux  you should
before you purchase your printers. This makes admining any HP printer
very slick ,into one interface. All your maintenance can be done
remotely without having to walk the printers and all from one
interface,not httping to each web gui. This package has matured very
nicely to were almost any HP printer is supported,even very late release
models.

Take Care,
Barry