[K12OSN] Which server would you prefer?

Klaus Ade Johnstad klaus at skolelinux.no
Fri Feb 19 07:54:04 UTC 2010

 Onsdag 17. februar 2010 23.43.50 skrev Les Mikesell :
> I've always thought that Linux distributions should just come up
>  running an LDAP server for authentication so that adding your 2nd
>  shared server would be even easier than the 1st instead of having to
>  start over to figure out how to convert both to central
>  authentication.  Now I think ClearOS (formerly Clarkconnect) might
>  actually do it.  Has anyone looked at it yet?

Skolelinux/Debian-Edu does this, it just comes up running an LDAP
server. You can perfectly well combine a Debian-Edu Main-server together
with ltsp-servers from other distros.

http://slx.no/en/downloads
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Lenny/
--
Klaus Ade
67E61D18B2C44F8A3DA35C6D849F9F5F 26FA477D