[K12OSN] spell checking hanging TC's

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Fri Jul 30 14:46:40 UTC 2010

Hello All,

Just doing a follow up post in regards to some findings to my initial
post of spell checking hanging TC's .I should clarify that the TC's are
not hanged to the point they lock up, they simply become so slow the
keystrokes,are 3-4 seconds showing within a couple spell checking apps.
I have roughly been able to reproduce the snafoo I am seeing in a couple
web based sessions. I setup Tomcat5 / RED5 with some demo apps that are
provided --- Webapps---. It does in fact appear that the native java
built into Tomcat really sucks resources and simply guessing it is
memory related. Although even theorizing this, I really don't know how
it could be resolved. Even on a standalone 'high end' pc,,it is
noticable as well,be it linux or winders.
These same low end TC's can run Youtube fine, for example. Kinda
strange. I'm sure video memory is in the equation here somehow as well?
Lot of theorys but really no workaround,I guess,bottom line.

Take Care,
BC