[K12OSN] ltsp on MIPS and ARM architecture

Mathieu Pelletier mpelletier at tcz.co.zw
Sat Sep 4 17:46:25 UTC 2010

  Hello Terrell,

Thanks for the suggestion regarding Atom or other ULV processors, but I
think this is the easy way out and circumvents what could be a very
meaningful development in LTSP.  We can get about 3-4 arm or mips thin
clients for the price of one atom based client.  Moreover, I am trying
to do this as way to redress the apparent technology gap here in the
developing world.  It should be pretty easy to build a thin client image
for ARM (particularly as linux already runs on ARM).  I understand that
MIPS has some support, but it is not as good as ARM.

Anyway, I was actually hoping to find if anyone knew if there was work
under way to get LTSP working on these architectures.  Does anyone else
have any ideas?  I suppose I could start by compiling my own, but I
would like to see this make it into the standard development chain.

~Regards,

Mathieu Pelletier
Biblical Studies Department
Theological College of Zimbabwe

Tel: +263 9 287032/3 Ext: 214
mpelletier at tcz.co.zw <mailto:mpelletier at tcz.co.zw>
www.tczonline.com <http://www.tczonline.com>
Chat Google Talk: mkpelletier Skype: mathieu.pelletier