[K12OSN] Flash sound gone?

Jeff Siddall news at siddall.name
Thu Aug 11 15:29:35 UTC 2011

On 08/11/2011 01:14 AM, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:
> Yes, aplay works fine on two of my thin clients I tested just now.

Interesting.  I guess alsa is mucked up somehow.

> Are you sure this specific client hardware had working sound with SL-6
> before?

Yup, both the server and client had working flash.  PA aware sound
applications still work fine on both so there _is_ sound, just not for
alsa apps it appears.

> Is the server SL-6.1 with all updates?

I have all the yum updates but /etc/redhat-release still shows SL 6.0.
Interesting.  In CentOS if you installed updates you automatically got
the latest version.  I guess I need to look into how to upgrade point
releases in SL.

> You may also try updating to the latest ltsp-server then rebuild
> /opt/ltsp/i386?

OK, I will do that also.

Thanks,

Jeff