Re: [K12OSN] Flash sound gone?

On 08/11/2011 01:14 AM, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:
Yes, aplay works fine on two of my thin clients I tested just now.

Interesting.  I guess alsa is mucked up somehow.

Are you sure this specific client hardware had working sound with SL-6
before?

Yup, both the server and client had working flash. PA aware sound applications still work fine on both so there _is_ sound, just not for alsa apps it appears.

Is the server SL-6.1 with all updates?

I have all the yum updates but /etc/redhat-release still shows SL 6.0. Interesting. In CentOS if you installed updates you automatically got the latest version. I guess I need to look into how to upgrade point releases in SL.

You may also try updating to the latest ltsp-server then rebuild
/opt/ltsp/i386?

OK, I will do that also.

Thanks,

Jeff