Re: [K12OSN] Flash sound gone? SOLVED

On 08/11/2011 11:29 AM, Jeff Siddall wrote:
Interesting. I guess alsa is mucked up somehow.

Alsa defaults do _not_ route alsa clients through PA even if PA has grabbed PCM device. Would be nice if it checked for that.

Anyway, the system installed with an /etc/asound.conf file (which is not owned by any package BTW) which somehow got removed. I restored it from a backup and that got alsa clients working again.

In case anyone cares, here is what asound.conf contains:

#
# Place your global alsa-lib configuration here...
#

@hooks [
        {
                func load
                files [
                        "/etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf"
                ]
                errors false
        }
]

and /etc/alsa/pulse-default.conf contains:

# PulseAudio plugin configuration
# $Id: pulse-default.conf,v 1.3 2008/03/09 15:50:49 lkundrak Exp $

# Let's create a virtual device "pulse" for mixer and PCM

pcm.pulse {
    type pulse
    hint {
        description "PulseAudio Sound Server"