Re: [K12OSN] HELP NEEDED NOW: Need Documentation Testing and Feedback

On 8/11/2011 1:14 PM, Dean Jones wrote:
PXE Boots just fine into Scientific Linux 6
Can log in, gnome desktop, nice and fast.
USB stick automounts, read/write ok
can not unmount:
error: Unable to unmount usbdisk-sb1
is not in the fstab (and you are not root)
root can umount of course
user is in fuse group
does package ltspfsd need to be installed?
Does not seem to change the behavior if it is

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/EL6Status#LOWPRIORITYTODO
Nautilus in general is completely unaware of user unmountable fuse mounts. I tried several approaches to fix this but failed. I may need to just do an ugly hack patching nautilus itself to dumbly run "fusermount -u /path/to/mountpoint" and it will just magically work. I didn't want to replace any upstream packages though, as this creates a long-term maintenance burden. =(

slow boot
ata2.00 link is slow to respond, please be paitent. time out. tries 3x
same message
limit SATA link to 1.5g speed - then boots.

Likely it is trying to workaround a bad controller behavior and there is nothing we can do about this. Can you disable the SATA controller in the BIOS? Does that help?

NFS statd service fails to start
mounting local file systems registers as failed?
all those errors hiddne by Scientific linux splash screen though

Only cosmetic, I want to fix this eventually.

Warren