[K12OSN] Why PA system mode?

Anyone know why the clients run pulseaudio in system mode? Here's an excerpt from the client system log:

Aug 9 09:12:06 client-192 pulseaudio[1740]: main.c: OK, so you are running PA in system mode. Please note that you most likely shouldn't be doing that. Aug 9 09:12:06 client-192 pulseaudio[1740]: main.c: If you do it nonetheless then it's your own fault if things don't work as expected. Aug 9 09:12:06 client-192 pulseaudio[1740]: main.c: Please read http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/WhatIsWrongWithSystemMode for an explanation why system mode is usually a bad idea

I did read http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/WhatIsWrongWithSystemMode and sure enough they say it is there for stuff like thin clients. However, the reasons for it are really not that good: we _do_ have a real user, and things like home directories typically _aren't_ flushed on each session termination.

Further, since PA is really designed to be run as a user, could we remove some headache by not having it tun in system mode (ie: not have to fixup permissions etc.)?

The reason I am interested is that it appears system mode causes problems with some pulse stuff like pulseaudio-equalizer.

Thanks,

Jeff