Re: [K12OSN] Test NBD Root?

On 8/12/11 11:15 AM, Burke Almquist wrote:

On Aug 12, 2011, at 2:53 AM, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/NBDRootConfiguration

Could someone please test if the NBD Root boot documentation still
works?

Warren

My Optiplex GX1 (PIII 450 192MB) works out of the box as a client on
a fresh install of SL6.1. Even the network setup seemed to work fine
for me. When I enable NBD root instead of NFS, it gets to the login
screen fine. But when I try to log in, it keeps going back to the
login screen again. Does NBD require more memory to work?

It is working fine for me with a box with 2gigs ram. I just followed the steps I posted yesterday for a base thin client on NFS, then followed the NBD page and it is working.

Maybe it is a mem issue? But that sounds like it can't mount the user home dir or something to me.