Re: [K12OSN] Test NBD Root?

On 8/12/2011 8:15 AM, Burke Almquist wrote:

On Aug 12, 2011, at 2:53 AM, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:

https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/NBDRootConfiguration

Could someone please test if the NBD Root boot documentation still works?

Warren

My Optiplex GX1 (PIII 450 192MB) works out of the box as a client on a fresh install of SL6.1. Even the network setup seemed to work fine for me.
When I enable NBD root instead of NFS, it gets to the login screen fine. But when I try to log in, it keeps going back to the login screen again.
Does NBD require more memory to work?

Strange... on my system, the EL6.1 chroot with NBD boot gets stuck after:
Adding udev persistent rules                                [  OK  ]

If you boot NFS the next visible thing there is starting the NBD swap, so I tried to turn off NBD swap with no apparent effect.

I don't know what's going on.  I will dig more later.

Warren