Re: [K12OSN] Need advice on recovering from failed boot disk

On 8/15/2011 5:40 PM, Carl Keil wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:
(which you deserve for not doing timely 'yum updates'

Y'know, I'd agree with you if I hadn't been doing regular yum updates. I
was a little surprised to see that 5.6 was the latest stable when I
started looking around for what to download.

Did you reconfigure your yum repos? The default k12ltsp repos should still be working and up to date. Or are you getting a conflict that you never fixed? I sort-of remember having to make a few package changes over time but I thought is was mostly from new things in EPEL which I normally keep enabled.

It's actually been hard to
find a mirror with 5.3 on it. A bunch of the mirrors have an empty
directory there.

Normally Centos will just update minor rev numbers automatically. If you need anything really old, you can find it http://vault.centos.org.

--
  Les Mikesell