Re: [K12OSN] Need advice on recovering from failed boot disk

Carl Keil wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:
(which you deserve for not doing timely 'yum updates'

Y'know, I'd agree with you if I hadn't been doing regular yum updates. I was a little surprised to see that 5.6 was the latest stable when I started looking around for what to download. It's actually been hard to find a mirror with 5.3 on it. A bunch of the mirrors have an empty directory there.

Well, thanks for all the advice. I guess I know what I'm doing today. Wish me luck.

ck

If you truly need, say, Centos 5.3, you can find any of the previous versions in vault.centos.org. The regular mirrors just keep the latest release of each version.

Peter