Re: [K12OSN] Mixed Network configuration woes

On 8/22/2011 1:41 PM, Roland Roberts wrote:
On 8/22/2011 1:37 PM, Roland Roberts wrote:
How very bizarre. What I failed to notice is that when I added the root-path, and option-128/option-129, the capslock key was NOT left flashing. After walking away for a nature call and returning, what do I find but the k12osn login screen.

So it appears to be working, but the whacky screen and long delay had me confused. The delay IS long, a few minutes. I'm running on gigabit ethernet, so I'm not sure why it would be so slow.

Okay, I'm taking a long walk now :-/. The k12osn login screen IS displaying, but it doesn't respond to keystrokes. And the screen is flickering significantly suggesting I still have a video issue.

Doh. USB keyboard came unplugged. I'm not sure what's causing the flickering, but when I use an external monitor, everything works fine. I still have that long boot delay with the whacky screen. I'm sure it's just a boot delay as packages load (well, pretty sure), but the screen is confusing.

So, I'm going to declare success at this point.

roland

--
Roland Roberts, PhD
http://www.astrofoto.org/