Re: [K12OSN] Troubleshooting fuse?

On 08/23/2011 05:23 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:

PAE is not needed for 32 bit with under 4GB memory or any 64 bit system. RedHat defaulted to only PAE kernels to save confusion as using it did nothing if it was not needed.

As it happens, the client I'm on right now has 8GB of memory, which was the cause for the question. This particular client is more of a convenience as it lets me boot into Linux w/o an install; dual boot on the cheap. Most of my other clients will not be so richly endowed.

roland

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland rlenter com                            6818 Madeline Court