[K12OSN] Troubleshooting fuse?

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Wed Aug 24 07:23:58 UTC 2011

On 08/24/2011 02:41 AM, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:
> On 8/22/2011 7:09 PM, Roland Roberts wrote:
>> My local USB drives don't show up on my desktop. Apart from that obvious
>> symptom, I'm wondering where I look to find out what might be the
>> problem. I'm a member of group fuse, so the obvious is covered.
>>
>> My DHCP server is separate from my LTSP/TFTP server, and my home
>> directory is an NFS mount. The NFS server is the same as the DHCP
>> server. Oh yes, and accounts are all handled via NIS and the NIS master
>> is yet another host. I'm not sure if any of that matters or can confuse
>> how FUSE works, but thought I should mention it.
>>
>> Where do I look for errors?
>>
>> roland
>>

> Did you follow the step where you add the user to the fuse group?

Yes...when you catch up with my last note on the topic, you'll see the
problem turned out to be that gid on the client and the server was
different. I'm not sure why except that perhaps it has something to do
with the group ID coming from NIS instead of being local.

roland

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland at rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court