Re: [K12OSN] SL 6.1 NFS client for FC 14, performance issues?

On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Jim Kinney <jim kinney gmail com> wrote:
> Tuning NFS is an art form. First make sure to use v4. The block sizes need
> tweaks to max throughputs. There may also need to be a kernel param tweaked
> but I'm not near my notes.

Are you sure? The advice I see is to use v3. I have been using v3 in
F11 and F13 with no problems. I haven't used v4 yet though.

Here is a nice page about nfs optimizations.
http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/ar01s05.html

also use no_subtree_check in /etc/exports

--
Robert Arkiletian