Re: [K12OSN] Local Apps and Firefox 6

Thank you Robert. Your advice was absolutely necessary, but I also needed to copy /etc/resolv.conf to /opt/ltsp/i386/etc - that solved the yum problem.

I also found that ltsp-server-tweaks has to be run when logged into the server at the console. Running it while remotely logged in via ssh was not enough? (Irene abated sufficiently for me to drive to the school and fool around with the network.)

I now have firefox (and flash, and tuxpaint) installed as local apps, and they seem to run OK. Now all I need to do is figure out how to apply that change to all the user accounts. I don't want to log into each one and go through gnome's "add launcher" dialog. There must be a way to script this.

I made a stab by copying the files in my own ~/.gnome2/panel2.d/defaults/launcher to that same directory in everyone else's acct. I also chowned it and chmodded it - but for whatever reason, the applets don't show up on the menu. Does anyone know how to change the default applets? Right now I get firefox, evolution, and gnotes in the menu panel at the top. I'd much rather have localapp-firefox, tuxpaint, and OpenOffice up there.

I will do some research while I wait for an answer. I don't use gnome much myself, but rather, have been using KDE since... forever.

Thanks again for the help.  You guys have been golden.