[K12OSN] ssh issue with LDM

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 15:11:23 UTC 2011

Jim,

Thanks!  The contents of /etc/hosts and /etc/resolv.conf are (with
lines now commented out)

dhopkins at ncslts1:~> cat resolv.conf
127.0.0.1    localhost
#127.0.1.1    ncslts7
#::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
#fe00::0 ip6-localnet
#ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
#ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
#ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
#ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
dhopkins at ncslts1:~> cat resolv.conf
#domain ncs.k12.de.us
search ncs.k12.de.us
nameserver 10.179.2.6
#nameserver 10.1.1.10
#nameserver 10.1.1.11

What is extremely strange is that there were not any issues at all and
then this issue started.  In the past, I have been able to track these
issues back to the configuration of the router (to which I have no
access, it is State controlled/configured).  I'll add a local hosts
file and see if this improves performance.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins