[K12OSN] How to update K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit chroot

I recently downloaded K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit-dvd.iso, set it up with a
single nic and running dhcp on an alternate port. All works great. I am
having one show stopper however, many of the packages under the chroot
are too old for my purposes. Can someone suggest the best way to go
about updating them ? Yum update has updated to CentOS 5.5 final but
nothing under /opt/ltsp has changed.

Thanks,
Steve