Re: [K12OSN] How to update K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit chroot

The way I always did it when I needed a specific set of binaries for the clients was to copy the entire /opt/ltsp/i386 subdirectory (or /opt/ltsp/ppc, or /opt/ltsp/sparc, as appropriate for my architecture) to my K12LTSP server. Beforehand, I would typically rename the existing /opt/ltsp/i386 subdir. to, say, /opt/ltsp/i386.orig. These binaries should have *zero* affect on the server itself, since they run only on the client.

Give that a shot and let us know.

--TP

Stephen Kerr wrote:
Hi Barry,

when i was trying to get my centos host run with a fedora 10 prebuilt
chroot I had problems with the tc after loading the kernel from my dhcpd
server on port 1067,  the kernel loaded but the tc was making a second
dhclient call but back on port 67 and not being able to load a desktop.
i wound up moving sysinit_early and a couple other files from the centos
chroot into fed10 prebuilt.

 it then  behaved as it should have more or less. when i was on a telnet
screen as defined in lts.conf, I was able to login. shell screens give a
prompt at the TC,  when i specified an x session screen, I had the x
mouse cursor and gray/silver desktop background.

the K12LTSP-5.0.0EL-32bit iso worked perfectly, my only problem is the
packages in the chroot are too old. i need to update libc from 2.3.2 and
i cant find any utility thatll update the chroot so i have been trying
to adapt ltsp-build-client from fedora, without success , so far.