[K12OSN] Gnome-panels missing on clients

Hi,

I recently ran across the Zotac ZBOX and thought it might make a good
cheap this client for K12linux. So I got the ZBOX SD-ID10 and now have
some issues/problems:
- The bios does not support PXE, bummer. So I got a tiny USB-stick, put
ipxe on it, and the thing boot from the stick into pxe. This work around
seems to do the job.
- Now the client boots ok, but when I log into the client the gnome
panels are missing, any idea what the reason could be?? The ZBOX has an
Atom D510 and the Intel NM10 chipset with a GMA 3150 for the graphics.
Is that not supported or do I have to manually load drivers/modules?

Does anyone have ideas or experience with the ZBOX or other Atom/GMA3150
based clients?

-Lars