[K12OSN] Gnome-panels missing on clients

Odin Nøsen odin at gnuskole.no
Sun Feb 27 19:52:16 UTC 2011

> Does anyone have ideas or experience with the ZBOX or other Atom/GMA3150
> based clients?

ZBOX HD-ID11 - Expensive. Very good on Fedora and Ubuntu (Intel cpu and nVidia chipset)
ZBOX HD-AD01 - Middle priced. Very good on Fedora and Ubuntu (AMD cpu and AMD chipset)
ZBOX HD-ID10 - Cheap. Problems on Fedora and Ubuntu (Intel cpu and Intel chipset)

The BIOS supports PXE on all of the clients (but it's not enabled by default).

The ID10-box has problems with Fedora were the gnome-panels are missing. On Ubuntu the
screen resolution is bad (vesa-driver). There doesn't seems to be a functional
linux-driver for the video card (Intel NM10).

AD01 and ID11 works perfect. We like the AD01. It's a fabulous DRBL-client ;-)

We try to avoid these Intel-video cards.

Odin