[K12OSN] What repos should I use and how should I change them?

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Mon Jul 25 21:27:37 UTC 2011

Hey,

I'm starting to have issues with dependencies for things like php,
where, when I run it in certain ways I get messages that certain modules
are not the right version for the version of php I'm running.  I have no
idea what else might be mismatched beyond PHP.

 From this:
> [root at kitkat ~]# rpm -qa \*-release\*
> centos-release-5-6.el5.centos.1
> k12ltsp-release-5.0.0EL-0.2
> adobe-release-i386-1.0-1
> atomic-release-1.0-13.el5.art
> centos-release-notes-5.6-0
It looks to me like the k12ltsp repo is for version 5.0, but my kernel,
etc. is for 5.6.  Am I right that I have a mismatch?  How should I make
sure this is all working correctly together?  I don't even use this
server for thin clients anymore, but it started off that way, so I could
ditch k12ltsp updates all together if there's a safe way to do that.
Now it's basically a Samba/Mythtv server for my house with a LAMP stack
for web development.

Thanks so much,

ck