[K12OSN] [Ltsp-discuss] K12ltsp USB key LDAP

Peter Scheie peter at scheie.homedns.org
Wed Jun 8 00:11:35 UTC 2011

> K12LTSP based on CentOS 5 (EL5)?
>
> IIRC, that is the very old LTSPv4 which did not have remote USB storage
> support.  LTSPv5 supports ltspfs for remote USB storage.

The last release of K12LTSP, which was LTSP 4.2 on Centos 5, does support USB
storage at the clients, quite well actually.  However, if memory serves, the
permissions on /dev/fuse would sometimes change to 600 and USB devices on the
clients would stop working.  I think a change to some udev rule was necessary to
keep a reboot from resetting the permissions on /dev/fuse, although I don't
recall the specifics.

Peter