[K12OSN] Slightly OT - Wireless in your school/building

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 20:19:04 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've been asked to see if I can split the technological spend into
things that can be done while the building is going up, and things
that can be done in the future once we have more funding.  Given most
of the machines will be directly-wired, wireless is a secondary
priority.  But I don't want to miss something now and then suffer in
the future once the walls are up.  So what I am thinking is that
before the drywall goes up I need:

1) identify where the access points would be to overlap the necessary coverage
2) Make sure there is a power outlet at that location
3) Run a cat 6 cable from that location back to where the Internet
switch will be located.

Am I correct in saying that's all I need?

Thank you
Joseph