[K12OSN] reporting and/or stopping cracking attempts on server

Fri Mar 18 17:50:29 UTC 2011

I'm sorry if you felt I was accusing you of being uncivil. Nothing like that was my intent.

My opening the discussion with "keep it civil" was meant as a preventive, not as a response to anything you said or did.
I've been in enough technical discussions over debatable administrative philosophy that degraded into flame-fests, that I figured I'd say at the beginning that, for me, flame-fests aren't fun, they're an embarrassing waste of bandwidth. OTOH, sane discussions of administrative policy/philosophy are fun and enlightening.

I think we've covered everything technically. Your findings with regard to ssh cracking are very different from my own. I'll try to find time to do a little fresh testing, and return with my results.