[K12OSN] Fresh Install on Dell PowerEdge T110

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Mar 19 06:38:28 UTC 2011

Howdy Alan,

Hey. In regards to the Webmin batch import for your previous users.

1) The very last radio button "Passwords are already encrypted?" HAS to
be changed from the default of No to YES.
# If you don't change this you will end up with invalid password at
login.

2) The server has to be restarted for users to be able to log in.
# I know this don't make sense ,but the voice of experience talking
here...:)
Next time give these two items a go after doing the batch import and no
more hand entering previous users. I know your pain! :-).

In regards to the clients loading so slowly. Are you using just the
cheapo unmanaged switches feeding the TC's? If you are using a managed
switch it could be the STP snafoo that causes stuff like this
(sometimes). Although if the TC's perform A-OK in the desktop this
doesn't make sense either.
Have you tried adding a NBD / swap to just one of the TC's in the
lts.conf file to see if bootup would speed up possibly?

Barry